PDA

View Full Version : Default printer in Firefox - how to change?

caffy
18-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Hi all,

When printing documents using Firefox 11.0, it by default displays our Kyocera colour printer as the default printer.

When printing from MS Word for example, it shows our Ricoh b/w printer as default.

I've checked my Printers setting, and the Ricoh is selected as the default printer.

How do I tell Firefox that I want the Ricoh to be my default printer? A quick glance in Tools > Options didn't show anywhere to change this - am I overseeing something?

Thanks

Lurking
18-04-2012, 01:07 PM
You may have to be like moi each and every time.

Lurking.

bevy121
18-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Couple things you could do for that - both are in the about:config settings

1 - filter/search for print_printer and right click on the entry(s) and select Reset

if the Ricoh still gets "lost" as ff default, then also do ....

2 - filter/search for print.save_print_settings and right click and select false

That will disable ff using what it thinks was the "last printer used" rather than the system default

Hope that helps

caffy
18-04-2012, 08:56 PM
You may have to be like moi each and every time.

Lurking.

Lol, I am hoping I don't have to :)

caffy
18-04-2012, 08:59 PM

1 - filter/search for print_printer and right click on the entry(s) and select Reset

if the Ricoh still gets "lost" as ff default, then also do ....

2 - filter/search for print.save_print_settings and right click and select false

That will disable ff using what it thinks was the "last printer used" rather than the system default

Hope that helps

Will try that thanks

caffy
19-04-2012, 12:24 PM

That worked - thank you for your advice!

bevy121
19-04-2012, 05:12 PM
good to hear - cheers :)