PDA

View Full Version : Audio problem - no sound

28-10-2001, 06:04 PM
The sound which was working perfectly on my Windows 95 system has suddenly 'vanished'.When clicking on any files that use the sound system, the following message comes up: 'Sound recorder cannot record playback because a sound device is not installed'.

I have gone to the systems icon in the control panel and clicked on 'Sound video and game controller' and I notice 'Yamaha OPL3 SA2 Windows sound system' has an error exclamation mark on its icon, so I suppose this has something to do with the problem. Clicking on this icon the following message comes up; 'This device is causing a resource conflict. To resolve the conflict use the Hardware conflict trouble shooter in 'Help'. I went through this process, but the message comes up that 'the problem can't be resolved under this system' (or similar wording).

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Please K I S as I am a 'newbie' to all this.

29-10-2001, 07:45 AM
Your card may have come loose in the motherboard.

Unistall the sound card in device manager, shutdown, check the card is firmly bedded, reboot.

If windows doesn't reinstall the card automatically, then goto add new hardware in control panel, and let windows search for new hardware, if windows can't find the sound card you may have a bung sound card.

29-10-2001, 11:34 AM
Hi,

If you are loathe to go prodding in the back of your mchine, try reinstalling the drivers first (just in case) If that doesn't help follow K O's advice.

G P

29-10-2001, 03:24 PM
try reinstalling the drivers if that doesnt work try moving the sound card to another pci slot that worked for me.

29-10-2001, 09:44 PM
Thankyou for your advice. How to I get to the card to check if loose?????