PDA

View Full Version : XP task bar problem

user
04-04-2012, 09:05 AM
A few days ago, the task bar on my XP machine became twice as thick as normal across the bottom of the screen. I can 'grab' the top with the mouse but nothing happens when I try to reduce the size back to how it was. Rather annoying as it now hides some of the window of programs and I have to set it to 'auto hide' in order to see the full window. Any thoughts on how to solve this niggly issue? The task bar is not locked.

Speedy Gonzales
04-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Did you unlock the taskbar first? Right mouse on it

user
04-04-2012, 09:14 AM
The task bar was never locked in the first place and is not locked at present. At least, there is no check tick beside the option so I assume it is not locked... The task bar on my XP machine at work does not show the ability to 'grab' the task bar if it is locked. I am able to 'grab' the taskbar on my home machine but it does not move when I try to resize.

wainuitech
04-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Sometimes the icon tray goes to double or even triple layers, meaning the icons are clumped together instead of a single line and get "stuck".
If this happens you wont be able to make the task bar smaller.

Have a read of This forum (http://boards.fool.co.uk/taskbar-icons-12326626.aspx?sort=whole) Theres a few suggestions to try, usually one of them will work.

user
04-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Thanks for that, will try tonight at home.

user
04-04-2012, 08:45 PM
The last piece of advice on the forum worked.

Thanks Wainuitech.

wainuitech
04-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Good you got it back to a size you wanted :thumbs: