PDA

View Full Version : How to Transfer photos from TF101 to usb card or SD card?

bluenose
02-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Hi folks! I've taken some photos with the tablet and need to transfer same to usb drive or sd card. There has to be a simple method but so far I have been unable to find it. I have not tried blu-tooth because that is not installed in PC. Any suggestions?.

Bluenose.

Speedy Gonzales
02-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Buy a memory card. Since it looks like its got a card reader. Or buy a flash drive. And copy whatever to it

bluenose
02-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Buy a memory card. Since it looks like its got a card reader. Or buy a flash drive. And copy whatever to it

Thanks for the response Speedy but obviously I did not express myself correctly. Sorry about that.
The TF101 has 2 usb sockets, 1 micro SD socket and 1 micro mmc/sd/sdhc socket. I have plugged in usb drive and sd cards into the respective sockets and they have been recognised by the tablet but I can't see anything for transfering from the onboard storage to plugin storage. Does that make it any clearer?

Bluenose.

Speedy Gonzales
02-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Drag them to the card or flash drive (thats if that works). It may copy them. Or see if theres a copy option if you right mouse on the file/s

bluenose
02-04-2012, 12:43 PM
If I can see the photos I want to move, I can't see the target drive and vice versa. The tablet is a multi touch screen which allows me to select and drag but the previous sentence applies, and no separate mouse so right mouseing doesn't apply.

There has to be something simple but it eludes me at the moment.

gary67
02-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Do you have a file manager installed, something like ES file manager or Astro assuming your on Android

Speedy Gonzales
02-04-2012, 12:52 PM
From the ASUS site

bluenose
02-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Hi, Gary67. Your assuption is correct. It is Android. ICS in fact so I am having to learn a new OS.

bluenose
02-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks for that speedy. There are 2 manuals that come with the tablet but they are smaller than a standard postage envelope and just about as thick (or should that be thin?) Do you have the URL for the site please?

Bluenose.

Chilling_Silence
02-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Hi bluenose.

Try this. Install Astro File Manager: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metago.astro

If you hit the "Home" button, that's the equivalent of taking you to your C: Drive. It labels it "/mnt/sdcard" which is actually the internal memory of the phone. You can then push the "Up" (Just under Home) twice to take you to "/", and then go in to "Removable". From there you should see "MicroSD" and "SD" as well as "USBdisk1" and "USBdisk2".

Copy / paste between these locations :)

Speedy Gonzales
02-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Here (http://support.asus.com/download/ModelList.aspx?SLanguage=en&keyword=tf101&type=1)

dugimodo
02-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Kind of silly really, but by far the easiest way to move files on an android device is to connect it to a pc via usb with the usb connection set to mass storage mode and then just use the PCs browser to move things around. Multitouch is great for many things but it can get tedious for file copy operations and the like.

Chilling_Silence
02-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Yeah pretty much. No drivers required for Windows Vista / 7 coz it uses "MTP", and should just show up similar to a USB Thumbdrive / Datastick.

bluenose
02-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Hi bluenose.

Try this. Install Astro File Manager: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metago.astro

If you hit the "Home" button, that's the equivalent of taking you to your C: Drive. It labels it "/mnt/sdcard" which is actually the internal memory of the phone. You can then push the "Up" (Just under Home) twice to take you to "/", and then go in to "Removable". From there you should see "MicroSD" and "SD" as well as "USBdisk1" and "USBdisk2".

Copy / paste between these locations :)

OK chill, I had a look at the Astro file manager but some of the "users" comments seemed a little unsure about it and I felt that I should at least try to get an understanding of what I have before trying something else.

I read the second paragraph and where you mentioned the internal memory of the "phone" I thought that we might be talking about different things but there probably is not a lot of difference logically between a Tablet and a Smartphone. The Tablet of course is much larger but having seen the inside of one I can't imagine it is much different to the inside of the phone.

After poking around for a while things began to fall into place and eventually I was able to shift the items back and forth between tablet and external storage. I think what threw me for a while was that the various buttons and icons were popping up in places different than where I was expecting them.

Thanks for your help guys but don't go away. I will no doubt be calling on you again before long.

Bluenose

Chilling_Silence
02-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Nah ICS treats tablets / phones the same for the better part.