PDA

View Full Version : I may have a possible clue to my 'failed download-missing emails' problem.....

Billy T
13-03-2012, 08:26 AM
I'm not 100% sure, but seems to happen only when there is either an attachment (or maybe HTML content) in the message. So far as I can see, only plain text messages are getting through.

Is there any setting in Outlook (or mailwasher for that matter) that might cause this problem?

I am not 100% sure that no attachments get through, but it is a start.

I have not added or altered any security settings that I am aware of.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :confused:

wainuitech
13-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Got a call from a couple of people last week that are having the exact same problems with attachments. One is with Xtra, the other with Telstra.

One is using mail washer, the other isn't. The one who has mail washer, I will be seeing on Thursday, the other I'm just about to go to there place in a few moments, so I can see if theres anything obvious.

Depending on what version of Out look you are using, there used to be a setting under security (from memory) that is ticked that says something like do not open attachments. I know its in Outlook Express, but I'm reasonably sure its in earlier versions of Outlook as well. I got Outlook 2010 and I cant see the setting there and dont have any older copies of Outlook on any machines, so sorry but cant give exact location.

I have looked through Mail washer ( latest version) and cant see any option regarding attachments. There was a few fixes for older versions, Version 2011 1.0.63 had a fix for problems with attachments.

linw
13-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Can't you rigorously test your theory by sending a series of emails to yourself?