PDA

View Full Version : My computer won't show captcha's! Please help?

krisashleigh
10-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Okay I'm not good with computers at all, so I don't know what you guys need to know or anything to help me, but all I know is that my computer won't show captcha's, and I can't fix it. Also, I keep getting these pop-ups that say 'Out of memory at line: 1' or some other number, and I don't know what to do! I just got this computer in January, it's an Acer Aspire 7750-G 9657. It's brand new, I don't understand why I'm having these problems. Can someone help? ):

wainuitech
10-03-2012, 04:33 PM
Welcome to PF1 :)

To start -- are other pictures showing on the sites that have the captcha's - basically all a captcha is , is a random set up pictures.

What browser are you using,what security software do you have, and is it all captcha's from any site that has one ?

Rod J
10-03-2012, 07:57 PM
If you can, try a different browser. I had trouble a while back with Chrome (I think) not showing a captcha for a particular page but when I looked at the site in Firefox the captcha appeared fine. Weird, no idea why.

krisashleigh
11-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Welcome to PF1 :)

To start -- are other pictures showing on the sites that have the captcha's - basically all a captcha is , is a random set up pictures.

What browser are you using,what security software do you have, and is it all captcha's from any site that has one ?

Well I'm trying to log into my account on www.myyearbook.com, and the captcha's don't work. The image doesn't show up at all, not even a red x or anything. It won't even let me log in without one. But I haven't been to any other site with captcha's because I really don't log on too many places on the internet. Do you know of any other website with captcha's that I should try? And I have McAfee right now because it came free on this computer, but it expires on the 17th and that's when I'll activate my Norton subscription on this computer. I used to use internet explorer but then I switched to mozilla firefox because one of my computer tech friends told me that might be the reason, but captchas don't work in either one! And pictures on myyearbook load for me just fine, it's just the captchas. I don't understand.

Speedy Gonzales
11-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Get rid of Mcafee its rubbish. Dont use Nortons either. If both are firewalls and both are installed now. You shouldnt have more than 1 installed. They'll conflict with each other

krisashleigh
11-03-2012, 09:36 AM
No I only have McAfee installed now lol. Which antivirus should I use then? S:

Speedy Gonzales
11-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Use Microsoft's one if you want a free one (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials/download). Make sure, you get the right one for the version of windows youre using

Do you know what version of windows is installed?

Paul.Cov
11-03-2012, 07:58 PM
I think you're lucky. Capchas are such a horrible pain in the ###. I'd be very glad to never again have to try to complete one.

Slankydudl
11-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Well perhaps this captcha uses java, flash or shockwave. try downloading all of these from adobe's website. It may fix the problem but i sorta doubt it.

krisashleigh
14-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Paul, they're a bigger pain in the a** when I can't see them and they keep me from logging into my myyearbook. lol And Slanky I tried that and it didn't work. ): And Speedy Gonzales, I have Windows 7

Speedy Gonzales
14-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Get the 32 or 64 bit version. Depending on the version of win7 that's installed