PDA

View Full Version : Well, Windows XP is finally out, I wonder how many will buy home editions.

25-10-2001, 08:45 PM
Sorry this is not a question or tip. I just thought I would let the NZ 'computer community' know a bit about this multi-million dollar 'Whistler' project, if they didn't already know why this day is special for some people.

Anyone can post their ideas in this topic about Microsoft Windows XP being officially released today, 25th October 2001.

I personally don't think many people/even businesses will bother yupgrading to windows xp if they have win2k. They are too similar, and unless you're a webcam/gui style freak or you require it for some hardware, it probably costs too much for the average high-school student (like me :). I have not bothered trying XP because I have only just installed Windows 2000. I like what Jeof Palmer

25-10-2001, 10:37 PM
I have run the profeesional beta and have purchased the home edition because I dont need the special networking capabilities of professional I think for the home user with one computer or a small network (peer to Peer) they dont need the extra networking stuff not to mention the extra $200