PDA

View Full Version : Movie Making / Editing Software picks

Nhashon
08-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Any picks on movie making software , what's your pick , interms of performance , features , effecst ,easy navigation ,etc .

If you dont have one any comments you can make on any software ?

nedkelly
08-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Being a Mac User I like iMovie and iDVD together or Final Cut Pro if you have the money.
Dont really do pc video editing that much.

icow
08-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Finally cut is really nice. Premiere is pretty good to.

Bobh
08-03-2012, 10:46 PM
I have just upgraded to Serif MoviePlus X6. MoviePlus is good but can take some getting used to to start with.

KarameaDave
08-03-2012, 11:28 PM
poor old windows movie maker
the best version is the Vista one

....go figure!

but I use Premiere pro

autechre
09-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Sony Vegas user here. It was fairly easy to pick up the basics for editing some clips.

nedkelly
09-03-2012, 02:41 PM
When I get my new computer im going to look for a video editing program that can off-load to the GPU.
Any suggestions?

Agent_24
09-03-2012, 03:00 PM
I used Windows Movie Maker a couple of times but wasn't impressed that you had to export to the lousy WMV format.

After that I used NeroVision which has about the same amount of effects features etc, but can export to many other formats, and in higher quality. Never saw any reason to go above that because I was not doing any advanced editing. Then Nero turned into a bloated load of rubbish so I've given it up almost completely.

I'm hoping theres a decent open source or otherwise free video editor around, haven't really looked for one though.