PDA

View Full Version : upload speed rate ????

Nhashon
07-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Im interested to know if say your'e a person and and you like to make videos and put it up on youtube and other video sites , what company like slingshot , telecom does a good job in uploading , which means a speed rate ???

wainuitech
07-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Most ISP's have there accounts set up by default to allow faster downloads than uploads. If you want to have a faster upload you need to contact your ISP and have the plans changed to allow this.

Chilling_Silence
07-03-2012, 06:59 PM
I get 10mbps (Over 1 megabyte per second) with HD on VDSL2! :D

Safari
07-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Most ISP's have there accounts set up by default to allow faster downloads than uploads. If you want to have a faster upload you need to contact your ISP and have the plans changed to allow this.

They don't set them up by default, downloads are always faster than uploads, that is the way ADSL works
If the plan is FS/FS you can't get a faster upload by changing plans

mzee
07-03-2012, 07:20 PM
My download speed is 14Mbps and download .8Mbps. The download varies, but the upload is constant.

wainuitech
07-03-2012, 07:40 PM
They don't set them up by default, downloads are always faster than uploads, that is the way ADSL works
If the plan is FS/FS you can't get a faster upload by changing plans As stated in Xtras help site:
In theory, ADSL2+ offers maximum download speeds of up to 24Mbps and maximum upload speeds of up to 1.0Mbps.

Telstra's cable connection, the speed is regulated and can be adjusted. My speeds are Up to 15 Mbps Download & 2 Mbps uploads. I asked Telstra once to increase my uploads, they said they could do it, but after working out the cost and downsides it wasn't worth the trouble.

They informed me that if I wanted a faster uploading I would lose the download speed, So it can be reversed.