PDA

View Full Version : How do I find out an ISP of someones

Lovelee
07-03-2012, 03:32 PM
I have an online organisation. Myself, a colleague & our organisation have recently been facing some nasty stalking, by someone who has already shown his abilities in the past .. he is publishing online my personal information (he has obtained that from the information of my website) other information of my partners, including damaging assumptions, he has attempted to extort $20,000 from one of our clients. the list goes on ..

I only have a gmail email account for him .. it appears to show in whois as a very generic isp number.

Is there any way I can obtain it and know for sure that it is his ISP?

Thank yo .. oo and the cops have been 'looking into this' for 3 months ,.. we are getting nowhere with them GRRRR

DeSade
07-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Not with Gmail.

You would need a court order to compel Google to release the IP information for that email address.
Likely what you have is the Google IP from the email being sent, not his.

Lovelee
07-03-2012, 03:40 PM
What about from his website .. can it be obtained from there/ or can I obtain it some way from there?

Chilling_Silence
07-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Nup. You'd need a direct connection from him to your server in some form or another.

Otherwise all you're going to see is Google Gmail IP ranges.

Once you've got his IP, you can do a traceroute / reverse DNS lookup to find out who owns that IP.

Dunno how much that'll achieve though, you can go through to their abuse department but then after that everybody knows you can just sign up for a prepaid 3G connection :p

Lovelee
07-03-2012, 03:57 PM
hmm .. thanks **walks out the door, shoulders slumped*

.. anyone know a hacker hahahaha .. just jokin' .. sometimes GRRRR

inphinity
07-03-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm assuming you know who this person is, right? Lawyer up with evidence of his extortion attempts and malicious actions.

Lovelee
07-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Yep I know who he is.

Hes easily found on google LOL

We have a lawyer checking with the cops about harrassment orders .. but as we all know lawyers are expensive.

The cops are still getting their evidence together for the extortion side of things .. but no one seems to be able to actually do anything about his harrassment, lies, assumptions and innuendoes!!

pctek
07-03-2012, 05:04 PM
.. he is publishing online information he has obtained from the information of my website

As you have already published that publicly, he's just duplicating what's already there in that case.

he has attempted to extort $20,000 from one of our clients. the list goes on ..

How? Is your client info available publicly? Or did he hack your site?
That is a case for the police if he is doing something like that.

Lovelee
07-03-2012, 06:14 PM
No .. gee .. none of the above. He has confidential information ..

Hmm I guess to try to explain is too hard :(

The cops will do nothing .. tey dont understand .. all I wanna do is establish the isp for him .. if it cant happen I have to find another way.

Cheers!!!