PDA

View Full Version : Excel 2003 Paging Question

Billy T
07-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Hi Team

I have an Excel file that contains two separate sheets, the first of two pages and the second just one. The reason for having two separate sheets is that the column widths of the second sheet are quite different, being a tabulation of specifications and individual certification numbers.

I previously printed out the first two sheets only to PDF, but now I need to include the second sheet within that PDF.

My problem is that I can't find any paging function like the 'section break' in Word that would allow me to combine the two sheets into one PDF. I could probably achieve that outcome by dumping the Excel files into Word as images, but that adds extra steps to a function I need to carry out quite often, so it would be preferable to do it within Excel if that is possible.

Any ideas, or is this an insurmountable limitation within spreadsheets generally?

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :confused:

DeSade
07-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Shift click on all tabs you want as part of the PDF
Then "save as" PDF

Billy T
07-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Shift click on all tabs you want as part of the PDF then "save as" PDF

Hit a snag, Excel does not offer the option to "save as PDF". I make my PDFs by printing to Bullzip.

I'll see if I can force a print of both sheets instead.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Yep! Worked a treat. Funny thing is, I'd always thought I was printing all three but never needed to look at the outgoing PDF so I didn't realise the last page was missing! :blush:

Great advice thanks, absolutely made my day because I am dealing with a picky QA auditor who knows nothing about the processes and procedures, but is asking me all sorts of questions and giving me problems I don't need.

Re your second post, version is 2003 as per header.

DeSade
07-03-2012, 11:09 AM

I use Excel 2007 here and it has the function, what version do you have?

gary67
07-03-2012, 12:34 PM
I use bulzip PDF and if I save the second as a seperate PDF then go to save the second one as a PDF I can append the second one to it either in front of or behind and then I have one PDF with both pages in it

Billy T
07-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Shift-click on the tabs linked the sheets and when I printed to Bullzip they automatically became a three page PDF.

Magic!

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Speedy Gonzales
07-03-2012, 05:43 PM
If you want to save as pdf, you need this (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=9943). Or SP2

Billy T
08-03-2012, 09:25 PM
If you want to save as pdf, you need this (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=9943). Or SP2

Bugger! That package needs Office 2007, and although I have an MS disk for 2007 I'm not willing to go through the upgrade and refamiliarisation process right now, I am up to my eyebrows in work at present (which is a GOOD thing) so I don't need distractions. Fortunately my printing all sheets from Excel to PDF via Bullzip is now OK thanks to DeSade so i can file that issue away until I get some spare time.

Is SP2 intended for use with Office 2003?

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Just found SP3 for Office 2003. Any known problems from installing this?