PDA

View Full Version : pbr2..done error

lakewoodlady
04-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Hi guys,
I am going to see a lady tomorrow who has a pbr2..done error on her laptop when she tries to start it .(yes, it is a Dell) She was trying to download a book onto her kindle via the cable that came with it. It seems to be locked up with the pbr thing and she can't do anything to start Windows xp.
Any clues? I have googled it and appears to be common with dell.

LL

Speedy Gonzales
04-03-2012, 07:33 PM
You may have to do this (http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/loading-pbr-2-done-error-100-solution-248008.html)

lakewoodlady
04-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Ok, So do I download the ghost image onto a cd on my own computer, and then stick it in the laptop and get it to boot from it?
Because when I went to download norton ghost onto a cd it downloaded the softonic downloader. Do I have to get Emule from somewhere first, and do I save it on my own computer? Is that correct? I really am not sure what I am supposed to do here, never done a ghost image before.

LL

Speedy Gonzales
04-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Have no idea. Since its not free. And I wouldnt get it from a torrent / or wherever. Unless its from something legit. Remove the hdd, put it in a desktop copy docs / except programs. Then restore / format it

lakewoodlady
04-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Hmmm.... might just tell her to take it to a tech in town, rather than me bugger it up completely.

LL