PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Home and Business 2010 question please

dianne pierce
03-03-2012, 09:44 PM
We purchased this and it allows installation on 3 computers only. We have done this. Now we have purchased a new computer to replace one of the three computers. Is it possible to install Microsoft Home and Business on this new computer and cancel the last installation on the old computer? Hope that makes sense

ronyville
03-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Yes you can, but when activating it might say that all the 3 licences are used so you might have to call MS support to get it activated on the new PC.

dianne pierce
03-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Yes it does say all three licences are activated. Is there no other way around this problem apart from calling MS?

ronyville
03-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Nope... unfortunately MS doesnt provide an option to unlicence its products as far as i have seen.

CYaBro
03-03-2012, 10:28 PM
I've never seen a home and business package that allows you to install it on 3 machines.
You sure it's not home and student?

dianne pierce
03-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Just checked on the box on "Office Home and Business" and it states "Licensed for non commercial use on up to three PC's

wainuitech
04-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Errrrrrrrrr Home and Business is designed for business and commercial use, Home and student isn't.

Home and Business Retail is also only licensed for a single user.The actual wording from MS is : "For 1 user 2 PCs" Which is not the same as 2 users. Compare Editions (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/buy/office-2010-which-suite-is-right-for-you-FX101825640.aspx)

It means a single user that has a desktop and a laptop PC. ( thats how MS described it when I rang and asked once)

From MS's FAQ:
Can I install Office Home and Business 2010 and Office Professional 2010 on more than one PC?

It depends on what you purchase—a Traditional Disc or Product Key Card. If you purchase a Traditional Disc retail license of Office Home and Business 2010 or Office Professional 2010, the retail license terms allow you to install, activate, and use Office Home and Business 2010 or Office Professional 2010 on your primary PC and your portable device such as your laptop. This license is for your use exclusively.

If you purchase an Office 2010 Product Key Card, you can only activate and use the suite on one PC or device.