PDA

View Full Version : Transformer won't turn on.

lakewoodlady
29-02-2012, 08:19 AM
My Transformer TF101 won't turn on this morning! :eek: Last night before I went to bed, it had 68% battery on it. It should not have gone flat overnight.
I have put it on charge and it's been on for about 1 hour, I just tried turning it on again and nothing, nil, zilch! Is there anything I can do?

LL

lakewoodlady
29-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Panic over! I found something on the transformer forums. Phew! (hold Power button on for 5 or 6 seconds) The battery is now at 33% after 1.5 hours on charge. Still don't understand why it went flat overnight, I'll have to go check settings to see whats been using it.

LL

John H
29-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Do those things have GPS on them? GPS sucks the life out of the battery on my Galaxy S2 if it is turned on and constantly searching for a satellite!

lakewoodlady
29-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Yes they do, but mine was definitely switched off. I'll check everything later on when the battery comes up to full again.

LL

Chilling_Silence
29-02-2012, 10:10 AM
I had a similar issue after I upgraded mine to Ice Cream Sandwich, it did it twice in one day on the 3rd day after I'd upgraded.
I got pissed off so factory reset it and it's been fine ever since. Seems like something didn't go 100% during the upgrade process which is a bit of a shame :-/

lakewoodlady
29-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks Chill,
Mine updated about 3 days ago, I wonder if that caused it? If I wanted to factory reset it , is that easy to do and do you lose stuff you saved on it? What is the best way to back up stuff?
Sorry about all the questions
LL

Chilling_Silence
29-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Nah things like pictures and the likes stay on there, but in-app data gets nuked. It'll pull down your previously installed apps once you've signed in with your Google account again though after the factory reset, so it's incredibly incredibly easy! It's what Microsoft are trying to mimic with Windows 8!

Gimme a min and I'll go grab mine from the car and find how I did the factory reset.

lakewoodlady
29-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Settings/backup and reset?

LL

Chilling_Silence
29-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah that one :D

Just make sure that "back up my data" and "Automatic restore" are ticked. Lastly, make sure you remember your Gmail details for the account that's listed under "Backup Account".

Then Factory Reset!

However, it's always prudent to do a backup of the "stuff you'd be pissed if it got wiped". Just in case ;)

lakewoodlady
29-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Cool! Thanks for that, sounds like even I could do that. It might come in handy if my droid mibehaves.

LL