PDA

View Full Version : TG585v7 swapped out for a D-Link DSL-2750B ... A Cry For Help.

PeeCeeWorldly
25-02-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm hugely disappointed that the wifi coverage in mixed g/n mode on the DSL-2750B is actually a little down on what the Thomson achieves in g mode. I'm monitoring using the latest release of Inssider.
When those of you upgraded your wifi to n, have you always seen the claimed-for improvements in signal strength? Anyone ever see a drop? I'm wondering whether I've a duff unit?

Thanks for your time. :confused::confused::confused:

Fifthdawn
25-02-2012, 04:12 PM
I had a Linksys wag160n which I bought thinking that wireless N was going to be awesome, turned out to be a total waste of money. The wireless N would often drop out and then the network would stop responding to my attempts to connect.

linw
26-02-2012, 08:21 PM
I tried a wireless n (TG585V8) to see whether it gave a better signal to my n netbook - it didn't. Kept with my g router.

GameJunkie
26-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Netcomm NB6Plus4Wn, get that and all your problems will go away

Greven
26-02-2012, 10:01 PM
I had a Linksys wag160n which I bought thinking that wireless N was going to be awesome, turned out to be a total waste of money. The wireless N would often drop out and then the network would stop responding to my attempts to connect.

My friend found the same thing with the non-ADSL version of that router. I have a Netcomm NB6Plus4Wn & it has pretty good coverage. If you want really good coverage, take a look at the access points on http://gowifi.co.nz

Chilling_Silence
26-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Yeah the Linksys ones never seem to work well where Linksys (Cisco) mixed both WiFi and ADSL in the same unit. Apart, the AM300 and the WRT54GL are some of the best *ever* devices in their fields, but whenever Linksys tried to mix the two into a single device, it just seemed to fail dismally.

Get rid of the D-Link personally, and as the others have said go for the NB6Plus4Wn. I've been recommending them for a couple of years now, they're an awesome all-round performing unit with "above average" range, especially for the N-Wifi side.