PDA

View Full Version : How much would my desktop be worth ?

globe
25-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Here are the bits I put into it, its only about 10months old. After any advice on what you thnk the resale value might be, thanks

LG W2243T 21.5" Full HD 1920*1080 LCD Monitor
Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 ATX DDR3 AM3+
Lg Gh22ns50 22x Sata Internal Oem Black Color Sata Dvd Writer
Antec Three Hundred
AMD Phenom II X4 Processor Black Edition 955 3.2GHz
Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3 7200rpm HDD
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Prem 64bit OEM
Antec 620W ATX NEO ECO PSU
Sapphire HD6850 1G GDDR
Kingston Valueram 4gb 1333mhz Ddr3 Non-ecc Cl9 Dimm (kit Of 2)
Microsoft Wired Desktop 600

icow
25-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Depend where you're selling it. The screen will probably worth close to the amount it was when it was new, pc parts however loose there value quite a bit. If selling on trademe you should probably get about 75% of the new value?

pctek
25-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Silly, don't sell it, just upgrade the bits you are not happy with now...case is fine, optical drive is fine..KB, O/S and so on.
Much cheaper to upgrade bits at a time, and have it slowly evolve than toss it out and start over every time.

Myth
25-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Silly, don't sell it, just upgrade the bits you are not happy with now...case is fine, optical drive is fine..KB, O/S and so on.
Much cheaper to upgrade bits at a time, and have it slowly evolve than toss it out and start over every time.Agreed

If you have the money and want something quicker; just buy a mobo/cpu combo.

globe
25-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Much cheaper to upgrade bits at a time, and have it slowly evolve than toss it out and start over every time.

Yes I woudl also agree with that approach if i wanted to stick with a desktop. At the top I was torn between a desktop and laptop and thought the desktop would be better, especailly as i was keen on some gaming. Turns out I don't do anywhere near the amount of gaming I thought I would and I am more interested in the portability of a laptop to allow me to use it all over the house and then free up the considerable floor space the desktop and assocaited items take up - ie turn the office into a bedroom.

Bryan
26-02-2012, 07:31 AM
I have just been the oppersite. I thought I had a need for a laptop against a desktop. I quickly learnt that that was not what I wanted at all.

I have got rid of the laptop and I am more than happy with the desktop. However, horses for courses.

dugimodo
26-02-2012, 09:35 AM
What I normally do is price up the nearest equivalent in new parts from somewhere like www.pp.co.nz and then go for somewhere in the 50-75% range based on that and what condition everything is in.
Many people like myself will only buy 2nd hand if it's a fairly significant savings over a new machine, but if you want a good price for it you may have to advertise it a few times and wait for a keen buyer.

PENTIUM
26-02-2012, 06:16 PM
I suspect dugimodo is closer to the mark. No body wants to pay much without shiny new and guarantees from the vendor.