PDA

View Full Version : Hpwkm001.sys - Bluescreen Crashes Ruining New PC

Caleb Watson
23-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Hello,

I have a new PC, and tonight it has crashed twice already going into a bluescreen error

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...

Hpwkm001.sys - address...

Now when I restart my PC the desktop is black and takes a very long time to load.

PLEAS HELP! I'm a university student and I've put all of my available money into my brand new PC.

I'm also having lesser problems such as:

iTunes not opening (I have literally tried EVERYTHING with help from SevenForums)
Windows Media Player not responding and crashing
Windows Explorer not refreshing folders or the desktop
Would it just be easier to reinstall Windows 7?

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7948/bluescreend.jpg

wainuitech
23-02-2012, 08:01 PM
That error can be related to a corrupted Operating system due to malware or a virus.

Ironically, doing a Google search on the file, Nod32 (Antivirus) goes nuts blocking a lot of sites and reports them as attack sites.

Re the question about reinstalling, depends on how much has been setup on the computer. If you reinstall from fresh, then it will certainly remove any corruptions or infections. "Sometimes" its the best outcome if there area lot of problems.

Speedy Gonzales
23-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Looks like it belongs to Primax USB Packet Low Filter Driver. I dont think its a windows file. Are you using a Primax USB scanner?

Caleb Watson
23-02-2012, 08:12 PM
I have a wireless keyboard and mouse installed. But they have been installed since I've had the PC. However I did update my BIOS today. Is there a chance the two could now be incompatible? Should I uninstall the keyboard and mouse for good or just try reinstalling?

Speedy Gonzales
23-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Dont think so. I've never seen a BIOS and any keyboard / mouse not being compatible with each other. Are you using a Primax scanner, or something made by Primax. If you are, the drivers are probably corrupt or not compatible with Win7

Caleb Watson
23-02-2012, 08:18 PM
What was happening was I would start typing on something such as a forum reply (I'm using my iPad at the moment) and a popup would appear on the taskbar saying the battery was low, then another the same would appear. Even if I replaced my batteries they still appeared ever time I struck a key while typing. Then, the computer would hang and go into the error.

EDIT:

I am typing this message on the PC after the removal of the keyboard/mouse software. The bluescreen seems, for now, to have been solved. THANKS!