PDA

View Full Version : Atheros AR9285 Driver Update

garyasta
22-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Hi

I have Win7 SP1 operating Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter installed.

SlimDrivers Updates indicates I should update the Driver, but each time I download and instal, the computer freezes (blue screen) just after the reboot. The message indicates that some numerical figures do not match.

I have to reboot in safe mode and restore to an earlier state.

Anyone any suggestions?

dugimodo
22-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Yeah, if your WiFi is working without issues leave the driver alone.

What is SlimDrivers anyway? I never use anything but windows update and I manually check for new Video drivers every now and again because of various game fixes but other than that I reccommend the good old "if it aint broke don't fix it" method.

Speedy Gonzales
22-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Slimdrivers is free. I think one of the guys (who made it), have posted in here previously. Its probably buggy or something. Yup use windows update instead, if you want to update them. Or go to the manufacturer's site and see if there's an update. Thats happened here before (it didnt crash), but said the drivers weren't digitally signed. So, the NIC wouldnt work. I had to roll back the drivers. Must have been a prob / fixed at MS's end. Because the next time I checked / updated the same drivers, they were fine

garyasta
22-02-2012, 04:27 PM
SlimDrivers doesn't actually instal the driver. It tell that the installed driver is out of date and that there is a newer version available. It then directs you to a site that has the latest version available. The problem comes about after the driver is installed and the system has been rebooted.