PDA

View Full Version : K O? tweak 'e? anyone please!

24-10-2001, 08:38 PM
just a follow up to my recent posting of sharing internet access at the same time without networking.

I'm just wondering, since, on both of my modems there's two hole (for the phone line) labled phone AND LINE, one 56k and one 28k, at the moment i'm connecting onto the internet via. the phone, and so i'm wondering if i connect both computers which systems are win 95 (2nd) with 32 edo ram, 850 mb hard d, p75 (but overclocked to 100. and wind 98(2nd) pIII 550 (overclocked to 616, 128 ram, 17gb. one modem is 56k (the newer one) and one is 28k, will i be able to share internet connection at the same time, so as soon as one connects, the other one does too. or is this for something else, if yes, what? if i can do this, what software are neccisarly?

Thanks so much!!!

24-10-2001, 10:08 PM
Hi s y on your modem the line jack is what you plug your cord to the phone jack in. The phone jack on the modem is where you can plug your phone into so you can use a phone when your not on the net. Also handy for making sure that the modem has disconnected from the internet.

JM

24-10-2001, 10:17 PM
Yes, i know all this, but i want to know if it can do what i want to do. If you haven't tried it, i guess, you don't know enough to answer my question. Thanks anyway.