PDA

View Full Version : After the ipad

Nhashon
21-02-2012, 12:56 PM
What do you personally pefer , make your own pc , or a ready made one , im talking about Computers and Notebooks . After the ipad came out do you think you go for a tablet rather than making or purchasing a readymade computer .

Speedy Gonzales
21-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Making my own. Saves me uninstalling all the crap (if its ready made). And I know whats on it. If I build it. Depends if you want it to be portable. Obviously you cant carry a desktop around all day

pcuser42
21-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Build a desktop. If I need portable computing, then a netbook. As for a tablet, I don't really see much use for one unless I start entering a lot of equations into OneNote (my most likely use of one).

The Error Guy
21-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Desktop, DIY will always be my main PC, parts are easily replaceable and can be "handed down" to others ans required or kept as spares/used to make another computer.

I am stuck with a laptop at school ( I board) therefore it has to be powerful enough for ALL of the stuff I want to do making it expensive. When I go to uni (or IF I go to uni) i'll probably get a cheapish laptop and keep my desktop for the "real" work.

Dont see myself using a tablet other than a media remote or something if I have massive amounts of money to spare on that. These days the likes of the Galaxy/Nexus/WP/iPhone are perfectly capable of doing all the nifty tasks

dugimodo
21-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Build my own, currently have 3 and have trouble justifying that even to myself. (Gaming machine, Media PC, other PC for experimenting on)
I think tablets are cool, and I kind of want one, but I haven't yet thought of anything worthwhile I'd do with it.
Reading comics isn't worth the money for a tablet :)

bk T
21-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Build my own desktop. Get iPad as a toy, if I have the spare $.