PDA

View Full Version : should be www.newhorizons.co.nz

24-10-2001, 05:46 PM
anyone has any idea about the training courses it provides?

www.newhorizons.co.nz

24-10-2001, 07:13 PM
Not bad, but not brilliant either, I went on a couple through work, their facilities are state of the art and every thing works like the book says it should, BUT, I also went through AMES, there method of training is not considered orthodox, but MATE what results. Some friends went through N H on the same course (MCSE) they did each module in three days or so. (compared to our thourogh 4 hours a night for 3 months.) but they did not learn as much. No student loan, and not many night classes. The main reason that they said that they did not learn as much was because there were no problems (unlike real life.) At AMES we had to build the network our selves and go from there it was great. NO MORE NETWORK CRAP.
New Horizons do a year program where you something like $1500, and go on as many cousres (in that section) that you like for the whole year (well that was about 18 months ago, I don't know what it is like now.
PS AMES does more AUTOCAD, Networking, Computer A+ (Good course, good tutor (Eric))programming, web development et c.) and New Horizones do 'JOB' stuff, office windows, MYOB programming, etc. their book is about 12 pages long.

IF YOU HAVE READ ALL THIS I AM SORRY TO WAFFLE.

bye for now
Wayne

25-10-2001, 11:53 AM
I know they're not cheap, but they cover a huge number of topics. If the courses you're after are entry level, I would recommend ConnectiveIT. Great trainers and courses are very cheap compared to NH. Don't know a website url but you can call them on (09) 836 3625. Ask for John Barry.

26-10-2001, 10:17 AM
Hey Guys,

This posting is very good timing. We here at IDG are about to launch a new IT Training web site called TeachMe (www.teachme.co.nz). It will be a one-stop-shop for those of you wanting to get course information from a range of IT Training providers. You'll be able to search by course, provider or by qualification. It should help you find the right provider for your IT training needs.

Keep an eye out for it - it goes live in a month or two.

Cheers

Kerry Dodds
Online Campaign Director
IDG Network of Sites