PDA

View Full Version : Library ebooks on Android

gary67
20-02-2012, 11:40 AM
We have started using the eBooks service from Nelson Library and I can get them fine on my Netbook with win7 using the Adobe digital editions program.

On the Android tablet there is no Adobe app available so I have the overdrive app which is what the libraries use, but when I try and put a book in my cart on the library site after logging into my account it always throws up an error but only on the tablet, on the netbook it works fine.

It's very frustrating and wonder if anyone else has come across this

Chilling_Silence
20-02-2012, 04:16 PM
What format are they in? You can use things like Coolreader? Once there's an app available it should be more than happy to let you download the files :)

gary67
20-02-2012, 04:47 PM
I'm not sure if it's an app issue as when I log into the library on the netbook I can add books to my cart but on the tablet everytime I get an error trying to put them in the cart so I don't even get to the downloading stage.

That's why I wondered if any users here had tried using their library on a tablet

Chilling_Silence
20-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Nope. You can try alternative browsers like Firefox, Opera or Chrome though on it :)

gary67
22-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Put Opera on the tablet and all working now can load and download library books great, hope they get more choice soon though

Chilling_Silence
22-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Awesome :D