PDA

View Full Version : ? resizing by email programs

R.M.
17-02-2012, 07:38 AM
I use Outlook for my emails and I belong to a photography club. Some of our members complain that the program they use (and there are a number of different ones mentioned) automatically resizes photos again after being resized as per club rules for competition. We have recently changed our rules to allow bigger photos (1920 wide by 1080 high).

I have no difficulty with Outlook, but wonder what is happening in other programs. Would someone comment on their experiences and problems with others?

R.M.

R.M.
17-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Apparently....I'm now told.....'Operator error' has a part to play in this story.... :(

gary67
17-02-2012, 02:26 PM
I would think it probably does, I only have knowledge of Outlook 03,07 and 10 and none of them auto resizes they all give me the option so I would be safe to guess so would Thunderbird and whatever else is in use, it would be a really bad program that didn't give the user the option

Chikara
18-02-2012, 12:50 AM
They aren'r right-clicking the file and emailing it that way, are they? If they right-click on the photo and select the 'Send to Mail recipient' option, a Windows pop up gives some re-size options. This is before the email application is launched. Once a choice is made, it then opens the email compose window with the file attached.

If they didn't read this properly and just clicked the default option, that may be the cause. I don't send pictures this way, but I just checked and if you do it this way, the default option is resized to 1024x768 (at least, on my PC that is default)