PDA

View Full Version : DVD Disc Error

B.M.
11-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Iíve done this before but buggered if I can remember how. :blush:

My brother-in-law recorded a TV documentary in Australia and burnt it to disc for me.

It plays fine with my DVD but is full of Adís and Weather forecasts etc. so I copied it to my HDD and edited out the rubbish.

Allís good and the edited version plays good on any computer but not on my DVD. I just get ďDisc ErrorĒ. I tried burning it as .vob .mpeg4 and .TS but no go! I then gave the three discs to a mate who has two DVDís, one quite a late model, but no go there either.

However, all three discs are fine on his computers as well as mine.

I know I had the same trouble the last time I tried this but canít remember how I fixed it.

Anyone jog my memory. :groan:

:thanks

KarameaDave
11-02-2012, 12:46 PM
To play on a DVD player it must conform to the standard
Quickest and easiest way would be to use DVD flick to author it
and make a new disc.

http://www.dvdflick.net/

dugimodo
11-02-2012, 01:55 PM
What software did you use to edit out the adds and reburn to disk?
The free windows dvd maker is actually pretty good at burning compliant disks, dunno why they hide it - in windows 7 just click start, type dvd maker in the search window, try burning with that.

Paul.Cov
11-02-2012, 03:27 PM
You can't just rename a video as .vob or simply dump data into a TS folder. There's a particular data layout, in addition to the supporting files. You need to pass your video (mpg?) to a DVD Video authoring program (it's possible your DVD burner software already has this capability.

You are NOT trying to burn a data disc... despite the fact that all media simply consist of data - there's a bunch of laws about exactly how that data needs to be presented on the disc, and Video authoring software will sort that out for you.

B.M.
11-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks Guys, problem solved and all fixed.

DVD Flick was the programme I couldn't remember. :thumbs:

KarameaDave
12-02-2012, 12:39 PM
:thumbs:Cool