PDA

View Full Version : Speakers and headphone playback?

chuanwai
08-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Hey,
Wondering if anyone can help me fix this issue, i can only play back audio on either headphones or speakers but not both just built a new pc and have no idea on whats going on, using the latest realtek drivers etc.

Using a Asus P8Z68V pro gen 3

Thanks in advance!

Snorkbox
08-02-2012, 05:41 PM
It's designed that way so that you normally can't play through both at the same time.

chuanwai
08-02-2012, 05:56 PM
It's designed that way so that you normally can't play through both at the same time.
it was working simultaneously on my previous pc has technology really evolved that much?

Speedy Gonzales
08-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Go into the realtek control panel in control panel. The option is in there

chuanwai
08-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Go into the realtek control panel in control panel. The option is in there
Could you guide me to it ive looked thru it but cannot find the option

Speedy Gonzales
08-02-2012, 06:10 PM
It maybe under the spanner (when you open the realtek program in control panel) I think. I think its got simultaneously or something in it. I dont use the realtek, or the ASUS drivers. The sound is 1/2 the volume / too low, when / if I install them

dugimodo
08-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Is it a new case? sometimes the case wiring includes a switch in the headphone socket to cut off the rear speaker output in which case it will not come out both.

Otherwise the option speedy mentions is found in the realtek sound manager under device advanced settings in the top right corner.
One question though, why would you need sound coming out of the speakers when you have headphones on? kinda defeats the purpose.

chuanwai
08-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Is it a new case? sometimes the case wiring includes a switch in the headphone socket to cut off the rear speaker output in which case it will not come out both.

Otherwise the option speedy mentions is found in the realtek sound manager under device advanced settings in the top right corner.
One question though, why would you need sound coming out of the speakers when you have headphones on? kinda defeats the purpose.
yea new case ill try both and see how i go

chuanwai
08-02-2012, 08:29 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2yl9uo2.png Cannot find that option and im using usb headphones + 3.5mm jack speakers.

Speedy Gonzales
08-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Click on top right option device advanced settings. Its there

chuanwai
08-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Click on top right option device advanced settings. Its there
The thing is its not ive screenshotted what options i have above

Speedy Gonzales
08-02-2012, 09:07 PM
the 2nd option..

chuanwai
08-02-2012, 09:17 PM
the 2nd option.. tried that only plays on speakers unless i set headphones as default

Speedy Gonzales
08-02-2012, 10:41 PM
May not work with USB headphones then. That is the option you select

dugimodo
09-02-2012, 08:11 AM
USB headphones are a completely seperate sound device and as far as I know windows will not send the same audio to two devices at once. The default behaviour is for the USB headphones to take over as default sound device when plugged unless you set the speakers as default while the USB device is connected.

If you want sound from two different programs to come out of the two devices you can do this but only if the program itself has the option to set the output sound device. I seem to remember someone else asking this question a while back and giving the same answer. As an example I set my realtek speakers as my default audio device and have games etc using them for sound, and set ventrillo to use the USB headset as an input/ output device so I can use voice chat while gaming.