PDA

View Full Version : Wireless laptop don't work

lostsoul62
08-02-2012, 12:52 PM
I have a wireless laptop that works but we switch routers from a D-Link 524 to a D-Link 655 and I have 3 computers on Ethernet and my Roku works but after 4 hours with D-Link Tech support it still can't connect to the Internet wireless but is ok with Ethernet. Anyone has any ideas?

wainuitech
08-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Depending on what D-Link have done, this may be repeating.

Remove all security from the wireless, see if it connects. If it doesn't, did you by any chance name the SSID on the new router the same as the original ?

What you may need to do is go into the settings in the wireless adapter in the laptop, remove the old SSID name and password, reboot, then rescan for your network - assuming it picks it up OK, enter in the password you created.

lostsoul62
08-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Remove all security from the wireless, see if it connects.
I'm not sure how to do that, if you would tell me I'll give it a try

If it doesn't, did you by any chance name the SSID on the new router the same as the original ?
When I loaded the software I gave the router a network name which would is different

What you may need to do is go into the settings in the wireless adapter in the laptop, remove the old SSID name and password, reboot, then rescan for your network
I don't know crap about the router and I would like to do this but I don't know how.

Agent_24
08-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Read your router's manual\user guide and it should tell you how to get into the web interface and change these configurations