PDA

View Full Version : "I Had This Dream, See? -----------"

SurferJoe46
04-02-2012, 06:07 AM
John C. Hughes of Butte, Mont., (166 miles from where I live) said he started a car chase with police because he "just always wanted to do that," according to a police report obtained by the Montana Standard.

Hughes, 55, led police on a chase at speeds of more than 100 mph before police used "stop sticks" to deflate his tires and arrest the speed demon. He now faces a misdemeanor count of reckless driving while eluding police.

Police said Hughes was not intoxicated and they found no evidence of drugs or alcohol in the car, according to the Standard.

"That's the first time I've ever heard of anything like that," Sheriff John Walsh told the Standard.

Hughes should perhaps consider himself lucky. Just this Wednesday, a man in Salinas, Ca., crashed his car in a high-speed chase with police, causing his car to roll over multiple times, according to The Californian.

Then again, Hughes didn't make out nearly as well as a British man who sued police after they pursued him for 17 minutes for not wearing his seat belt. The man later settled with police for the equivalent of about $31,000, the BBC reported Thursday.

R2x1
04-02-2012, 01:14 PM
LOL. If he'd put a nip of Vegemite in his gas tank they would never have caught him.

Bet his wife was spitting tacks.

decibel
04-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Montana ? I thought they didn't have a speed limit ?

SurferJoe46
04-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Well - there is a limit, but it's 'suggested'. Most highways are set at 70/75 MPH (NZ = 100 KPH) - but the locals iggy it mostly. If you're a tourist though - don't even cross the limit line!

100 MPH = 160 KPH.