PDA

View Full Version : Genealogists

Poppa John
28-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Hello All.

Is there anybody here who has credits on 192.com willing to do 1 or 2 lookups for me, Please. PJ

lakewoodlady
28-01-2012, 06:57 PM
What you looking for PJ? Have you checked on freebmd.com?

LL

Lurking
28-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Hello All.

Is there anybody here who has credits on 192.com willing to do 1 or 2 lookups for me, Please. PJ

PJ, don't have 192.com, but have subs. to GenesReunited.co.uk and Ancestry.co.uk.

Lurking.

Poppa John
28-01-2012, 07:33 PM
1) Address for a name off Electoral roll. Not available at their Library. Available on 192.com but they want too much money.
or
2) Cemetary/death details for my mother. Not free, search fee is 40 GB Pounds.
or
3) Birth details for an Aunt. Need a UK cert, NZ$ 29.

re 1). I am 74 & the cousin I want to write to is 77. Not much time left to correspond. PJ

Poppa John
28-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Yes but not what I want. Have found other stuff there tho. I have ccess to Findmy past & the geneaogist thro a cousin in the UK, but no joy there either. PJ

Poppa John
28-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Oops, Sorry, that should have ben aimed at Lakewoodlady on post 5. PJ

Lurking
28-01-2012, 10:02 PM
1) Address for a name off Electoral roll. Not available at their Library. Available on 192.com but they want too much money.
or
2) Cemetary/death details for my mother. Not free, search fee is 40 GB Pounds.
or
3) Birth details for an Aunt. Need a UK cert, NZ$ 29.

re 1). I am 74 & the cousin I want to write to is 77. Not much time left to correspond. PJ

As a starting point, have you tried www.FreeBMD.co.uk for your mother's death date and Aunt's birth date.

These are given as quarterly cycles.

UK certs. must have risen in price tooooo, last few times I paid Stg.6.00. And I have a lot of wrong details, so it is not cheap.

Have you enquired at the W(h)anganui Library, Christchurch had free access to Ancestry.com before the quakes, which is more powerfull for info than the UK site.

Are you Welsh? we have a recent friend from Wales, Government employee before she retired to NZ to be with daughter.

Don't worry about age, my late Aunt was doing family history up until 95, she passed away in her 100th year.

Boy if I had only listened to her, it would have saved me a small fortune in British pounds in years gone by, as it was me who paid for her genealogy pros.

Lurking.

Poppa John
29-01-2012, 10:36 AM
As a starting point, have you tried www.FreeBMD.co.uk for your mother's death date and Aunt's birth date.

These are given as quarterly cycles.

UK certs. must have risen in price tooooo, last few times I paid Stg.6.00. And I have a lot of wrong details, so it is not cheap.
Answer...10. NZ$29 from Tony Fitzgerald of Rangiora.

Have you enquired at the W(h)anganui Library, Christchurch had free access to Ancestry.com before the quakes, which is more powerfull for info than the UK site.
Answer...Wanganui Library has the Library Verion of Ancestry. Only open in the afternoons. Cannot get there.

Are you Welsh? we have a recent friend from Wales, Government employee before she retired to NZ to be with daughter.
Answer...Yes , most of my childhood in Neath & Briton Ferry. Mother born in N

Don't worry about age, my late Aunt was doing family history up until 95, she passed away in her 100th year.

Boy if I had only listened to her, it would have saved me a small fortune in British pounds in years gone by, as it was me who paid for her genealogy pros.

Lurking.

1911 Census, where it shows my mothers age is blurred. Cannot tell if it is 11Months, 1 year or 1yr 11m. Aunt I am fairly sure as to death but $29 for a Birth cert, this will give me her birth place & parents.

Look at answers in your post above. PJ

Lurking
29-01-2012, 11:37 AM
PJ, Aug and Sept 2011 paid direct through FreeBMD $nz18.71 and $nz18.97 respectively.

Have been through Tony too, think there is an extra charge to make sure of person's details.

Would you like to send details of your mother through email addy in my user details and I will try and see what it says.

Regards,

Lurking.

Ps. off out to lunch now, wifey's bd.

lurks.

Poppa John
29-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Everybody...Whilst I have quoted cost of researh, I am NOT asking for anyone to contribute. Just Don't. Thanks. PJ

Poppa John
29-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Lurking...Email sent PJ

Lurking
29-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Was your mother's first name Gweneth ?.

Neath, Glamorgan, Wales

Lurking.

Poppa John
29-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Was your mother's first name Gweneth ?.

Neath, Glamorgan, Wales