PDA

View Full Version : Backup and restore support

lostsoul62
28-01-2012, 06:36 AM
In the 20 years I have used Backup programs like Acronis True Image which don't give free support. I have never seen a company give free support with their backup programs. Support is worth half of the product. So is there or does anyone know of a backup and restore program that gives free support like a printer, scanner, router, hard drives which gives you years of support and no change?

CYaBro
28-01-2012, 08:04 AM
Who is giving free support for years?
I think you'll find that when you buy a printer or scanner or whatever you might get free support for a year or for the length of the warranty but no more.
SOmetimes you'll only get 90 days.
Software is the same.
When you buy something like acronis you usually get maintenance included for the first year. This gives you free support and free upgrades to new versions.
After the year you can renew the maintenance for another year at a price.

pctek
28-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Support? What's that?
Why do you need it even? Backups are backups. Use Active@

bevy121
28-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Active may be perfectly good, I've never used it myself - but I have used True Image for a long time, and there is certainly nothing wrong with that either.

Also, as far as support goes (again, never needed any myself, but they do state...)

When you use Acronis products, we make sure you’re fully equipped with everything you need to purchase, install, set up, back up and restore with ease. We provide you with an excellent range of documentation and support tools, including an intuitive online Knowledge Base, handy user guides, how-to videos, live chat sessions, email follow-ups and optional phone support.

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/#benefits

Click the "Show all features" view

gary67
28-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Most have their own forums and I a,ways find that a good place to start

WarNox
30-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Good luck with finding decent free support :)

I know Symantec (Backup Exec) have an 'ok' support team once the issue gets escalated to advanced guys but you'll pay for it, in yearly subscriptions.

Shadow Protect is the best imo, but not cheap.