PDA

View Full Version : Lost Firefox

Ron24
27-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Using XP3.

Have been using Firefox for a long time and love it: Had problem with it today when it won't open.

Have Google as my homepage and can only get that when I click the firefox icon.

Internet Explorer opens ok as do all the othe other installed programs.

Have tried some of the help programmes, but find them hard to follow.

Help appreciated..Ron..

Using IE to send this.

mikebartnz
27-01-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm sorry but that is about as clear as mud.

Speedy Gonzales
27-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Might be a corrupt FF profile? Uninstall it and its folders, then reinstall it again

Agent_24
27-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Have been using Firefox for a long time and love it: Had problem with it today when it won't open.

Have Google as my homepage and can only get that when I click the firefox icon.

I don't understand - first you say that Firefox won't open, but then you say when you click on it you can get Google - which wouldn't happen if it wouldn't open. Can you explain please?

Paul.Cov
28-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Yeah, I think you're within Firefox when you see the google page. Perhaps google has screwed up the Firefox theme to the point that you don't recognise it anymore (there's another post currently about issues with changes to the google home page).

See if you can find some way to get into the programs options and reconfigure either the themes or the homepage.

Ron24
28-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Yeah, I think you're within Firefox when you see the google page. Perhaps google has screwed up the Firefox theme to the point that you don't recognise it anymore (there's another post currently about issues with changes to the google home page).

See if you can find some way to get into the programs options and reconfigure either the themes or the homepage.

Many thanks to you experts for the welcome help and pleased to say all is now fixed. The Firefox page is now up on my screen and the withdrawal symptoms have gone.
A friend suggested that it might be in full screen, and to press F10 which I did and it worked. Have learned a bit more, so appreciate the help. Cheers Ron..

The Error Guy
28-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Oh now I get it, FF opens all you get is google no firefox. :p

Agent_24
28-01-2012, 06:47 PM
For the record and reference, I think you'll find that F11 is the toggle full-screen key, not F10.