PDA

View Full Version : Huge Solar Eruption Sparks Strongest Radiation Storm in 7 Years

Trev
24-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Here. (http://www.space.com/14319-huge-solar-eruption-sparks-radiation-storm.html) As a precaution, polar flights on Earth are expected to be re-routed within the next few hours.
:)

johcar
24-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Might in for some interesting weather too

Cato
24-01-2012, 09:40 AM
The end is upon us!
Repent, ye sinners, repent!

B.M.
24-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Quick Mr Key, introduce a “Solar Radiation Tax”, that’ll fix it! :thumbs:

Trev
24-01-2012, 10:28 AM
The end is upon us!
Repent, ye sinners, repent!
I wouldn't joke about that to much as the world is meant to end in December 2012 and 2012 is the end of the 22 year solar cycle which is at its maximin at the moment for solar radiation and then it enters a 22 year period of declining solar radiation. These solar flares also have the ability to wipe out all the worlds power grids and put civilisation back about 400 years.

Cato
24-01-2012, 10:44 AM
I wouldn't joke about that to much as the world is meant to end in December 2012 and 2012 is the end of the 22 year solar cycle which is at its maximin at the moment for solar radiation and then it enters a 22 year period of declining solar radiation. These solar flares also have the ability to wipe out all the worlds power grids and put civilisation back about 400 years.

That would be so awesome!!
I think we would do rather well in this country. We have plenty of land and to sustain us.
The rest of the world would starve though, ah well. :D

WalOne
24-01-2012, 10:46 AM
These solar flares also have the ability to wipe out all the worlds power grids and put civilisation back about 400 years.

We'll learn how to read and write again, how to entertain ourselves without TV and electronic games. We'll also re-introduce hanging, the stocks, beheading so the western world can be equal at last with our terrorist cuzzie bros. No more PC Bulls***t. A chance top re-write the Treaty in a way it can't be challenged ...

The more I think about, BRING IT ON! :banana :clap :banana

PS Maximin? I suspecteth a misuse lurketh here. :)

R2x1
24-01-2012, 12:11 PM
I have already put a heavy duty chinstrap on my Foil Helmet, and placed a brand new shrinkwrap-intact selection of Norton's best works on top of the lightning arrestor.
A new transcobobulated flux capacitor is freshly jnstalled in the UPS, and digital signals have been sent to the neighbours cat.

That should do the trick.

dugimodo
24-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Meant to end according to who? I'm sure the world, the solar system, and the universe in general is completely unaware and unconcered about the arbitrary system of numbers we have assigned to measure the passing of time. When the world ends at some point it will have no relation to the date or any foolish predictions, it'll just happen when it happens. It's also unlikely Humanity will still be around , we can die out completely without the world ending. Just my 2c

Maybe you could start selling those helmets R2x1, I may need one.

wainuitech
24-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Doesn't really matter what happens or when it does, not like theres anything we can do about it. Not like we can jump on the next space ship and bugger off to another planet somewhere.

It's also unlikely Humanity will still be around , we can die out completely without the world ending There was a program on TV the other week or From national Geographic called Earth: making of a Planet. Watched it over several days ( recorded on mysky)

Quite interesting story if its correct ( or even close), solar storms, and every thing that happened over billions of years from how the earth was actually formed to present day, how humans came about etc.

Trev
24-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Anyway to get back on track, due to this solar radiation which disturbs the earths magnetic field over the next few nights there could possibly be some aurora displays.

Lurking
24-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Huge Solar Eruption Sparks Strongest Radiation Storm in 7 Years

Must have got through that last one then, rofl.

Lurking.

Gobe1
25-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Havent you seen The Trifids...dont go out to look!

Lurking
25-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Havent you seen The Trifids...dont go out to look!

Or was it avatars, etc.

Lurking.