PDA

View Full Version : IE9 blank tabs

ecurb
21-01-2012, 07:07 PM
I can't resolve this problem and Googling it there seems to be a lot of people with the same problem and lots of answers but no one answer that works for everybody especially me.

Clicking on a link in IE9 sometimes brings up a blank tab. Only sometimes though. However if I put the address in the tab it comes up with the correct page. Very very frustrating. I've reset and reinstalled IE9, made it the default browser, made it the only browser all with no luck. This is IE9 64 bit with Windows 7. This is a new computer so I don't know whether IE8 worked OK. Firefox and Chrome both work OK but I'm used to IE9 and there are some features that I can't find on the others.

If anyones got a solution that worked I'd really appreciate it

Speedy Gonzales
21-01-2012, 07:23 PM
FF does the same thing. And its worse than IE

ecurb
21-01-2012, 07:28 PM
I've been using Firefox for a couple of weeks and it seems to be fine. If I cant see it in IE I use FF

waldok
21-01-2012, 08:16 PM
There's no advantage to using the 64-bit version of IE9, you're better off with the regular 32-bit one which uses a newer (faster) Javascript engine. Does the issue occur in the 32-bit version as well? I've never seen the blank tab issue in any browser for what it's worth, but it sounds frustrating!

cheers
W

wainuitech
21-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Had the exact same thing happen a bit, all the same with IE, FF or Opera.