PDA

View Full Version : Wellington spy car, anyone seen it?

lakewoodlady
21-01-2012, 07:18 PM
I would like to shoot it's tires out if I saw it! How can anyone say that it is not revenue gathering just for the sake of it? Shame on you Wellington!

LL

pine-o-cleen
21-01-2012, 07:26 PM
wut?

wainuitech
21-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Get nabbed did ya ;)

Theres a couple around, ones a red Van, the other is Green, normally parked up around a corner or on the side of the road so you cant see it till its to late.

SP8's
21-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Not in Wellington, but heard on the news the other night that a woman is taking the Council to Court over it. She pulled over to the side of the road to let the car/van through and got pinged .... long story short, she was coming downhill and pulled over onto broken yellow lines so that the car/van didn't have to reverse 50 odd meters to let her past. Don't think it's a written law, but I was always taught that downhill traffic should give way to uphill traffic if there was "inadequate" space for both to pass safely - common courtesy. The Council said that it was "unsafe" under any circumstances to stop on broken yellow lines.

Hope that there is a follow-up story on it as there seems to be several other "borderline" cases ... like the guy "double parked" while waiting for a car to pull out so he could take the park that was becoming vacant.

Definite revenue gathering and hope the Courts chuck half the cases out.

plod
21-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Get nabbed did ya ;)

Theres a couple around, ones a red Van, the other is Green, normally parked up around a corner or on the side of the road so you cant see it till its to late.
Ll was talking about the WCC parking warden car, going around taking photos. I presume you are talking about speed cameras.

Twelvevolts
21-01-2012, 08:34 PM
What's wrong with revenue gathering? Keep the rates down.

plod
21-01-2012, 08:39 PM
What's wrong with revenue gathering? Keep the rates down.Ha ha, well i don't have a problem if people want to contribute from speeding and legitamate parking offences, but amorguard are going out of their way to be ******s.

lakewoodlady
21-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Get nabbed did ya ;)

No, (haven't been to Wellington in years) but I feel sorry for the lady who out of courtesy, pulled over to let the spy car pass, and then got a ticket for her trouble! That sucks big time.

LL

lakewoodlady
21-01-2012, 08:54 PM
What's wrong with revenue gathering? Keep the rates down.

Have you ever seen a rates bill that says on it "Your rates are down this year due to the exuberant revenue gathering of the spy car and meter attendants." ?

LL

Twelvevolts
21-01-2012, 08:57 PM
No, (haven't been to Wellington in years) but I feel sorry for the lady who out of courtesy, pulled over to let the spy car pass, and then got a ticket for her trouble! That sucks big time.

LL I reckon you should get instant pardon if you show you pay rates - just target out of towners and confound them with rules they don't know exist. Oh and little old ladies less likely to appeal so all good for the rate payer there. Oh yeah and make them pay $20 an hour for parking and let locals off for about $3 an hour. Hold on, that's not that far off the policy now. :waughh:

PaulD
21-01-2012, 09:22 PM
long story short, she was coming downhill and pulled over onto broken yellow lines so that the car/van didn't have to reverse 50 odd meters to let her past. Don't think it's a written law, but I was always taught that downhill traffic should give way to uphill traffic if there was "inadequate" space for both to pass safely - common courtesy. The Council said that it was "unsafe" under any circumstances to stop on broken yellow lines.

Looking at the Council aerial photo of Sydney Street West it's unlikely that she really had to stop esp as the camera car is a small Toyota Yaris but she would have only been stopped momentarily as the other car passed except that the dicks in the camera car also stopped to take photos.