PDA

View Full Version : access to my web cam

Thomas01
19-01-2012, 05:03 PM
I have had my new HP computer for a month or so now but still cannot find any way of using the webcam.
Apparently it is there OK and Win7 reports it working.
I went back to Noel Leemings and was shown to go to START - ALL PROGRAMS - CYBERLINK
But when I tried it find the only mention of Cyberlink is to DVD11 the program I bought to run my
DVDs.

I woud like to see the webcam working.
How do I do it?
Tom

gary67
19-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Does it work in something like Skype?

Speedy Gonzales
19-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Yup, install an IM program

feersumendjinn
19-01-2012, 07:35 PM
On my Hp Mini (netbook, Win7 Starter), I go to Start Orb/menu>All Programs>HP (folder, in there should be your HP supplied progs) >HP Media Suite>HP Camera; Or search for HP Camera in StartMenu search box); alternatively do as Speedy or Gary says :).

kahawai chaser
19-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Try searching for Mediasmart, and see if there if HP MediaSmart Webcam is available.

Thomas01
20-01-2012, 02:43 PM
On my Hp Mini (netbook, Win7 Starter), I go to Start Orb/menu>All Programs>HP (folder, in there should be your HP supplied progs) >HP Media Suite>HP Camera; Or search for HP Camera in StartMenu search box); alternatively do as Speedy or Gary says :).

I didn't want to add any further programs just yet and have no use for Skype.
So reckoned the best bet was to follow the quoted advice.
Tried my main computer first (HP) There was the occasional small difference in wording but very little and within minutes I had the camera up and running.
Pretty good stuff.
Then I tried my little one - the same computer as used in the quotes.
But it didn't work - I ran up against a dead end. No matter - now I knew what I was looking for it didn't take long to get things sorted.
For the little fellow I now have an icon on the desktop!
Thanks for the help chaps.
Tom