PDA

View Full Version : Australian PC World CD vs NZ PC World

23-10-2001, 03:24 AM
Has anyone noticed that It seems that the PC World NZ CD is just the Australian CD from a few months ago, but somehow the New Zealand version seems to be a lot crappier? Lots of
I get the Australian one - and I hate that it is better! You can even see from the file dates. I also get 2 CDs instead of one and they seem to pay more attention with the quality and the content. I bought this month's NZ PC World and it says that Internet Explorer 6 runs on Windows 95!

23-10-2001, 08:07 AM
I stopped getting NZ PC World
last year, just after they came out with that 'other' one, first that 'other' one was not as good as NetGuide and it took good value out of NZ PC world.

23-10-2001, 09:35 AM
I'm sorry, I might be a little biased here, but 'took good value' out of PC World? I would love to hear some specifics, because I am not personally aware of any dilution of PCW in the construction of Internet Mag.
The two magazines are quite different in their targets. My wife happily reads the spots off Internet Mag, but reads very little in PCW. There are people out there interested in the internet that would rather not have to use a PC at all.
I know there are things on the web that appeal to PC users especially, but it's not like PCW doesn't mention the internet.
I am trying desperately not to sound defensive, and am more than happy to take part in constructive criticism. We don't run a facist regime here. I will do my best to be something other than one-eyed, because I want PCW to be the best it can be.
I look forward to further comments.

23-10-2001, 09:54 AM
The NZ PC World CD began with a lot of cross-over with the Australian PC World CD, simply because NZ's small population makes the whole process very expensive.

However, the NZ PC World CD now has a majority of locally developed content designed to syn with the current issue in print.

And only one CD of any mag in the world has the Lord of the Rings trailer in November.

23-10-2001, 11:06 AM
Which mag wud that be? :)

28-10-2001, 02:12 PM
Arrr !! but I can read both books when you spit them up, it was like putting up the price with no added value.