PDA

View Full Version : Interesting what a bit of competition will do

feersumendjinn
18-01-2012, 05:57 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10779366
Bet it will take some time (as they say) before it works its way down to us :groan:.

johcar
18-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Perhaps we'll see higher caps implemented rather than a decrease in revenue for the ISPs... I could live with that.

feersumendjinn
18-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Just shows by how much they are gouging us though, eh.

The Error Guy
18-01-2012, 07:52 PM
At least this price cut which = cheaper internet or larger caps (either way the result is more for less) is gonna happen in the next few years. By the time UFB rolls out we will again be in the past. I just hope we get to enjoy it before SOPA or it's contemporary takes over.

Twelvevolts
18-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Telstra Clear is starting a no cap pilot next month for some customers - haven't been invited yet but my son has.

Iantech
18-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Just shows by how much they are gouging us though, eh.
+1
What scum bags, I bet they would have done nothing about it if these other companies hadnt have shown interest. And then use the excuse that "cable upgrades and lower costs had allowed it to almost halve what it charges internet companies for trafficking international data". What a load of rubbish. NZ is getting ripped off so much over everything internet related including ISP charges, hosting, domain names, website creation, bandwidth, etc. And its mostly NZ companies ripping off their own country.

Agent_24
18-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Yeah the whole thing is a bit pointless for most people if they can't pirate anything with it :lol: