PDA

View Full Version : Can not get real player or VLC player to work correctly

angchick
17-01-2012, 04:14 PM
I have to watch instructional videos for one of my college courses. The teacher said the online school program works bests with firefox. I DL that and all is well there. We wanted us to DL reaplayer to watch the videos and I did. However, after about a minute it freezes up and just says communicating and does nothing. He then told me to DL VLC player and try that one. That will start but then stop and pause after a bit too. My friend then said to DL the videos to real player so that I was not opening them up over the internet (which could be the communication problem). Well I did that, and I seem to be getting sound, but no picture. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Ang

wainuitech
17-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Depending on your internet speed, if playing on line they may be buffering, or maybe a problem with where they are coming from ( or somewhere along the way).

What format are they in if you download them ?

SP8's
17-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Try downloading the videos and save them to "My Videos" file ... or make a download file (not sure of your OS) ... wait until the video has completely downloaded, right click on the file and open/play with VLC ... never had a problem with any media file and VLC before.

Agent_24
17-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Yeah, you need to find some way to download the complete file and then play it locally. Trying to stream it is probably causing the problem.

You might need some kind of video downloader plugin for your browser if they have done something funky.

pctek
17-01-2012, 06:54 PM
My friend then said to DL the videos to real player so that I was not opening them up over the internet (which could be the communication problem). Well I did that, and I seem to be getting sound, but no picture. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Download them.

Uninstall Real Player.

Play in VLC.