PDA

View Full Version : D-Link DNS-323 2 bay NAS connection problem + Windows 7

aceraspireone
11-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Just brought a D-Link DNS-323 2 Bay NAS box and put 2x WD 250gb enterprise SATA drives in it.

Pluged power and network cables into NAS box as in manual and hooked up other end of network cable to Laptop.
Laptop already on so powered on NAS and it did its little flashing loading thing and both HDD lights and network light on the front of unit Stayed blue as it says in manual it should. The network light on laptop is on and the data light is not flashing.

So I go on to next set in the manual and open the program DNS Easy Search and click refesh but nothing shows up.

Then i tryed opening Run and then cmd and ping 192.168.0.32 as its the default IP and it timed out.

Its showing its connected to LAN in the Network and sharing centre.

What next? Any ideas?

Have also tryed the restart button on the back of the NAS unit and it restarted the unit but didnt help. And the HDD go into stand by after a little be of time so nothings loading on them.

Thanks

aceraspireone
11-01-2012, 11:59 PM
After surfing net for a hour I found 1 thing thats helped.

Run 'secpol.msc' --> Security / Local Settings --> Security Options --> double click 'Networksecurity: Lan Manager Authentification' and chose 'Send LM & NTLM Answers.. then restart pc.

Is now showing up in DNS Easy Search but not about to config or see HDD.s as its grayed out.

Why is Windows 7 such a pain in the ass. took me online 2 min's on XP to do it at work with bosses NAS unit thats the same.

Also tryed typing IP in address bar and get Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage after about 12 seconds.

aceraspireone
12-01-2012, 01:08 AM
Dont worry I sorted it. Had to set LAN to static ip and restart pc and working now. Just formatting now Raid 1. :)

aceraspireone
13-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Ok Still havent been able to finish setting this up. Havent been able to map the drive or see it in network places. ahhhh.

Way atr things so hard to setup in windows 7.

And ringing D-link is a waste of time as you talk to a woman that cant help and asks for your phone number and name and says I will get a tech to ring you and there will be about a 10 to 30min wait as they are all busy on other calls. Not one call yet and Have tryed 3 times.

aceraspireone
13-01-2012, 09:33 PM
For anyone thats got one of the units or is buying one. Install Firefox and dont use internet explore. That fixed a lot of problems like when formating the drives as on IE it gets stuck at 94% and also when configing the unit the pages timeout and say page cannot be found.

I have also updated the firmware to the latest but hasnt helped.

Any ideas on how to get it to show up in my computer or network places?

aceraspireone
13-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Oh what the hell. I go and make a coffee and come back to pc and go to Network and there it is DLINK DNS-323 and then i go to my computer and map network drive and there it is Volume_1 (\\D-LINK DNS-323)

Time to restart pc and nas and see if it still working. Fingers crossed.

Alex B
13-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Why are you not using a router? This is not really any issue with windows 7, neither was the issue of not setting a static ip address. Have you set up a share on the NAS it's self? If so go start and in the search box go //*nas name or ip/*sharename*