PDA

View Full Version : Power Supply Surges

GMQ
11-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Hi all, yesterday I upgraded to a new case and PSU also put a NZXT Fan Controller in, the PSU is a
Cooler Master GX-550W. After checking everything over switched on and all was sweet.
Over the course of about three hours I started up and shut down five times checking various things and
all was well.
However today upon starup I recieved the following warning,

Power supply surges detected during the previous power on.
Asus Antisurge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply unit.
Press F1 to run setup.
Press F2 to load default values and continue.

The PSU is new and everything is working fine other than the above waning,
I have changed power supplies before and I have never had any problems and I am unsure where to go from here.
Any suggestions greatfully accepted.

Specs:
CPU Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67GHz
MB - ASUS P7H55-M
GPU - ATI Radeon HD 5750
Ram - Corsair 4GB Kit (2 x 2GB) , TIA.

wainuitech
11-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Could be a faulty PSU, just because its new doesn't mean anything. They can and do play up at any time.

Have a read through This forum from ASUS (http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20091219124914828&board_id=1&model=M4A785T-M&SLanguage=en-us&page=1) - may answer some questions as well.

Agent_24
11-01-2012, 11:36 PM
I've had Asus boards throw weird errors for no apparent reason

But Cooler-Master isn't exactly top of the line when it comes to PSUs either.

GMQ
12-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Right on the money wainuitech, :thumbs: I took it out and put back the old one booted up and everything
was fine. I guess I got the one in whatever 100,000 duds that come off the production line.
I checked out that forum link, some interesting reading thanks for that and your time. cheers

@ Agent_24

" But Cooler-Master isn't exactly top of the line when it comes to PSUs either."

Yea I know, :blush: seemed like a good thing at the time but......, anyway I punished myself and ordered
a CORSAIR AX650, that should see me through and use it in my next upgrade. Like you said I thought it was one of those weird errors as well but not this time. Thanks for your response.
cheers.