PDA

View Full Version : New phishing scam

mookster1
11-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Hi guys,

A couple of my friends have been "phished" by this one... be very aware of subject lines that say "Click here to see videos" or "incredible" or "check this"... there'll be a link inside which looks like this: p3u66xbbdyfghi.l81.me/sb_xxyy@hotmail.com/gbe0yh02z9fyxclcpn4azg_ViewMsg. I've got a few of these, and all of them link to l81.me (or a subdomain of.) I googled around (the link goes to a fake but real-enough Windows Live login page) and only found one hit for this. While I appreciate it's just common-sense to look at the URL of where the link's taking you and see if it matches up with the website you appear to be on, I just thought I'd mention it. Norton Safeweb hasn't caught up with it either (there's one review about this but from what I can tell this is a shiny new scam.)

Cheers

Renegade
11-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Eset blocks l81.me :)

SP8's
11-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Norton Safeweb hasn't caught up with it either

Give them time ... they will sometime early next year ... :D

MushHead
11-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Jesus . H . Christ!

If you need someone to tell you NOT to click on random messages with "Click here to see videos" or "incredible" or "check this", then you probably deserve to be phished!

Just appropriate, considering what I was just about to look at on the web: NEWSFLASH (Seattle Times) (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2008986081_moneytip05.html)

Sheesh...