PDA

View Full Version : police in u.s. schools...

globe
10-01-2012, 06:33 PM
http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/sRcDvCyww63p0XkxrBkdEvQ/view.m?id=15&gid=world/2012/jan/09/texas-police-schools&cat=most-read

This is just wrong. Going to court for throwing paper planes... however I can just see some posters here thinking...

gary67
10-01-2012, 06:52 PM
That is so wrong it's stupidly wrong

Agent_24
10-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Is this some kind of a joke?

The Error Guy
10-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Well in some US schools things get pretty darned hairy, most of them employ security services. Most of the schools in one of my mates territories have metal detectors in the halls.

We need the cane back, not enough respect for staff these days. I mean, as a student I doubt i'd enjoy getting caned. In fact I'd probably do a lot not to be caned, and thats the bloody point. Do wrong and you get your ass whipped, if you DON'T be a little prick then you can sit down without having a throbbing bum.

Still, as the article goes, in the spraying perfume case, as far as I can tell by the article its totally stupid and wrong.

Winston001
10-01-2012, 11:34 PM
LOL being caned. Those were the days. :D It was a rite of passage to be caned although two strokes was any amount. Three or more ceased to be entertaining. I recall be caned as a smart alec 6th former: we all thought we were beyond being caned at that stage. I don't recall the offence but I annoyed a master whom I liked and got on with. He must have thought an example was needed because he marched me to the Masters Study and pulled out a nice whippy bamboo stick. My friends and I were pretty arrogant at that age so I inwardly laughed and bent over. CRACK! WTF?? Crikey!!!!! Hadn't taken into account I was wearing seniors trousers which were thin....unlike the heavy shorts we normally wore.

I exited the study a humbler and penitent soul. :D

sahilcc7
11-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Well in some US schools things get pretty darned hairy, most of them employ security services. Most of the schools in one of my mates territories have metal detectors in the halls.

We need the cane back, not enough respect for staff these days. I mean, as a student I doubt i'd enjoy getting caned. In fact I'd probably do a lot not to be caned, and thats the bloody point. Do wrong and you get your ass whipped, if you DON'T be a little prick then you can sit down without having a throbbing bum.

Still, as the article goes, in the spraying perfume case, as far as I can tell by the article its totally stupid and wrong.

+1

mikebartnz
11-01-2012, 12:10 AM
It is enough to make you weep with the stupidity of what was in that article.