PDA

View Full Version : Google images loading slow

--Wolf--
07-01-2012, 10:15 AM
I've never had issues with web-site speeds or even images on other websites, but it seems as of lately the images on Google images take forever to load. The first "page" loads almost instantly, but as soon as I scroll down they just start loading slowly 1 by 1.

Tried in FF and IE. "Yahoo Images" (which looks almost like a clone of Google images) loads about 10x quicker, even searching the same images.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is my computer somehow trying to load all the "pages" at once or something? Any solution?

Paul.Cov
07-01-2012, 03:02 PM
I don't have a solution for you, and can't experiment, as I'm currently rate-limited to dialup.

However, I've noticed much the same - the first screenfull loads quickly and completely. Subsequent pages are poor to load (especially so at dialup speeds!)

I think it's partly by design, the various 'pages' are meant to be fetched only once you start to scroll.

Perhaps if you've got other tabs or files downloading there's not enough spare bandwidth / pipes / whatever to take the call for more image data.

The pop-up enlargement feature may also be sucking up bandwidth in the background if you've dragged you mouse over any of the thumbnails.