PDA

View Full Version : Browser problems

garyasta
04-01-2012, 01:01 PM
My main browser is FF, but the problem also exists on IE and Opera.

At times, I can't get browsers to load at all. They show that they are connected to a website but will not load any pages.

During this time, I can use Skype and send and receive emails and can even get Mailwasher to contact and download my emails from my server via the website from which I cannot get contact via my browser.

I uninstalled FF and re-installed an older version but still get the problem.

At the moment, I do have full access. Hence my contact through this media.

Anyone got any ideas.

wainuitech
04-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Has this problem suddenly happened or has it been creeping up, and sometimes loading other times not ?

If its suddenly happened, what were you doing prior to it starting. ?

Also, what security software do you have and whats the OS ?

garyasta
04-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks for your response.

I think it has been creeping in for a little while but it appears to come right most of the time, otherwise I wouldn't be able to use the browser at all.

I am using Win7 (32bit) and Vipre Internet Security 2012. I also have Advanced System Care running in the background.

I don't think I have installed anything that may have a bearing on the topic.

wainuitech
04-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Have you tried disabling both and see if the browsers work ? Try disabling the firewall at least on vipre as sometimes they can cause a problem. The system may also have some sort of malware.

Vipre is not that good, they used to have a single product for malware (name evades me at the moment) that was good, but once they combined all their products all sorts of strange things started happening.

Paul.Cov
04-01-2012, 06:58 PM
What about trying a different DNS server, or flushing the DNS cache?

garyasta
05-01-2012, 08:11 AM
At the moment, the browser is working OK but next time i get the problem, I'll try flushing the DNS cache and possibly shutting down the Vipre firewall and then Advanced System Care if needbe.

I'm not sure how to use a different DNS server.

Thanks

Speedy Gonzales
05-01-2012, 08:37 AM
I would get rid of Advanced System Care . You dont need it

pctek
05-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Get some antispyware. Spybot, Malware Byes, Superantispyware.