PDA

View Full Version : TeamViewer

mdRASHIDkhi
02-01-2012, 03:39 AM
Hello everyone!
I'm here again, with a simple problem though. It's about TeamViewer. A friend connected to my PC for troubleshooting through this software and thankfully solved my problem! But when I myself try to connect to a friend, I face the problem of disconnectivity. Why can't I remain connected for long?
Regards,
Rashid

Speedy Gonzales
02-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Could be a firewall. If youre using one (besides the windows one). Or youre using wireless. It sounds like its playing up

nedkelly
02-01-2012, 09:45 AM
make sure you are running the latest version and that it matches your friends version, had that issue yesterday.
Mate said he was running the latest version on his windows machine so I downloaded the latest version for my mac (cause my dv6 is still awaiting repairs) and would not connect, confirmed the versions and his was 7.something and mine was 6.something.
The v7 is still beta for mac, haha.

wainuitech
02-01-2012, 09:47 AM
This can be caused because when a person installs teamviewer, there are 3 options when installing: Personal, Commercial, Both, in you select any one apart from personal there are limitations.

If they select Commercial user instead of Personnel use , the commercial use does have a time limit for connections and disconnects until the license is purchased.

One thing I found out as well, if you have several computers in the same location all using TeamViewer, you will get a message saying "Commerical Use Suspected" -- this will also trigger the timeouts.

susan7
06-01-2012, 07:52 AM
right, teamviewer is good for personal use.
for commercial use, it is easily to get interrupted.

some affordable and reliable commercial services for remote support & remote access are:
1. GotoAssist express: $69/month
2. GoSupportNow: $19.95/month
3. Logmein Rescue: $129/month

linw
06-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Wow, can't wait to pay 129/mth to help other people!!!!