PDA

View Full Version : The Renovator

wallarro
29-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Saw this on the telly this morning. Anybody have experiences with tool? Just wondering whether this fall into "too good to be true" category.

I am a bit skeptic cause I can't find any info on the web except the link below:
http://www.realtoreelproductions.com/video_samples/new-spot-renovator-power-to.html

Also I am curious why any infomercial in NZ telly never disclose straight away about the cost, only a 30-days trial cost. So one has to actually ring to order to know the actual cost but isn't that mean the price can change at anytime? Isn't there suppose to be a law for the customers protection?

Alex B
29-12-2011, 04:03 PM
You can buy them at Mire 10, why not ring and ask them.

Metla
29-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Never seen a tradesman use one.

Let us know what the cost is, I'd pay up to about $50 max if I has my heart set on one. Unless a respectable brand released one onto the market.

Richard
29-12-2011, 04:21 PM
This type of tool has been around for a while. Try any good toolshop such as Tool Shed or Mitre 10. Quality will depend on who is the manufacturer.

johcar
29-12-2011, 04:23 PM
I have the Bosch version - about $200 IIRC. Excellent tool. There is another brand (can't for the life of me think of the name - but it's not Titan) which is the industrial strength version but costs about $800.

I have a rule in my house: NEVER buy off an infomercial. It just encourages them to keep making infomercials!! (And the stuff they sell is usually crap anyway)

Iantech
29-12-2011, 04:29 PM
I have noticed that many of those informercials are doing that now days. I think it is somewhat deceiving. As Alex said, it is in Mitre 10, I was in there the other day and saw them there. They look the part, I would also be interested in knowing how well they work. What does the 30 day trial cost?

gary67
29-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Joinery place I used to work at had the Bosch version, one of the best and most used tools they had. It was excellent at cutting off things like skirting's and such as you can feed the blade straight into the board and create a clean square cut to butt the joinery up to. It has so many uses that every workshop should have one.

mikebartnz
29-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Joinery place I used to work at had the Bosch version, one of the best and most used tools they had. It was excellent at cutting off things like skirting's and such as you can feed the blade straight into the board and create a clean square cut to butt the joinery up to. It has so many uses that every workshop should have one.
I would certainly agree with that. One of the most used tools I have ever owned.
I would imagine the one in the infomercial would be crap. I have the Bosch model but there is another called Smart Multi-tool which has three models. The different models just contain more blades etc. I gather the blades etc will also fit the Bosch one too.

gary67
30-12-2011, 08:18 AM
I would certainly agree with that. One of the most used tools I have ever owned.
I would imagine the one in the infomercial would be crap. I have the Bosch model but there is another called Smart Multi-tool which has three models. The different models just contain more blades etc. I gather the blades etc will also fit the Bosch one too.

I'd guess your right, the only thing we found was the blades are not cheap well at the time you could only get Bosch ones, and they don't like nails or screws

mikebartnz
30-12-2011, 11:02 AM
I'd guess your right, the only thing we found was the blades are not cheap well at the time you could only get Bosch ones, and they don't like nails or screws
The Bosch blades aren't cheap alright, have you seen the price of the tile cutter blade. About $114 or so.
I haven't seen the price of the Smart blades. Next time I go over Wellington way I will check on them in the shop I know has them.