PDA

View Full Version : DSL Light flashing on Linksys Modem Router

zigibogido
27-12-2011, 06:11 PM
I recently purchased the Linksys Wireless N Home WAG120N and I've hooked it up correctly but I can't seem to establish a connection with the DSL light. I've tried hooking it up to different ends in my house with no improved results, however, my older modem works fine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Cheers

Safari
27-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Are you sure it is the DSL light that is not a steady green, the internet light looks much the same but flashes red until a connection is made.
If no DSL I would take it back as you have confirmed with the other modem that you have DSL on the line ok.

feersumendjinn
28-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Have you set the user name and password (supplied by your ISP) within your new modem's setup page?
That's likely why your old modem (ISP-supplied?) works.

Look in your modem instructions on how to connect to your (new) modem's web interface (type 192.168.1.1 into your web browser address line), or use the setup program on the cd.

Here's the download page for the manual, etc.
http://www.linksysbycisco.com/LATAM/en/support/WAG120N/download

Chilling_Silence
28-12-2011, 07:28 AM
Unfortunately the WAG120N aren't the most reliable or stable routers. I'd personally suggest you take it back, tell them you've been having sync issues, and see about getting yourself something more like the NetComm NB6Plus4Wn. For some reason whenever Linksys joined ADSL and WiFi in the same device, it never ended well...