PDA

View Full Version : Netcomm NP545

bk T
24-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Downloaded the XP driver for this Netcomm NP545 (http://www.netcomm.com.au/sm/drivers/np545) .

It's bundled driver + utility package. How do I extract the driver ONLY, I don't want the bundled utility software.

Speedy Gonzales
24-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Doesnt look like there are any inf files in it (if you use 7zip). You may have to install everything

jxer4567
24-12-2011, 06:22 PM
ive had this problem before what you can do is go and open device manager and right click the device and select update driver and select browse my computer for driver software and select your drive that you have it in and click the subfolder box and scan hope this helps :)

bk T
24-12-2011, 06:37 PM
That's what I did after I installed the .exe file. But, somehow, the Netcomm utility just blocks Windows from using the wireless even after I've uninstalled the bundled software. It's a piece crap. However, I finally found a way, this is what I did (It's lucky that I created a restore point):

Copied the whole of Netcomm folder to D:\ , did a system restore (to a pt before this Netcomm was installed); then did the update driver from Device Manager, of course pointing to the folder I copied and saved in D:\.

It works OK now.

wainuitech
24-12-2011, 07:06 PM
There should have been a setting under the wireless configuration tab to use Wireless Zero Configuration. If the option is not there, then it means the network adaptor usually doesn't support it.

bk T
24-12-2011, 08:52 PM
The wireless Zero Configuration which I had to activate it from services.msc but still it refused to work. Anyway, system restore got rid to the bundled utility software.

jxer4567
25-12-2011, 06:18 PM
i dont know if im allowed to do this i may be able to help you by connecting to your pc through a program called teamviewer let me know if thats alright with you cause i also hate the bundled software that network adapters give you

bk T
25-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Thanks. I don't need your assistance now as I have found a way to get it working as mentioned above.