PDA

View Full Version : Glad to hear that the government are going to speed up mining and oil exploration

Digby
22-12-2011, 06:21 AM
I was really pleased to hear the government general announce that his government are going to open up mining and oil exploration next year.

Stuff the Greens, we need the money and the jobs.

Having some high paid jobs to go to for younger ones will be great and give some people a choice of staying NZ.

(As long as its done responsibly and safely of course)

WalOne
22-12-2011, 10:01 AM
I was really pleased to hear the Governor-General announce that his government are going to open up mining and oil exploration next year.

Fixed for ya :thumbs:

Or were you just being facetious? :)

Bobh
22-12-2011, 11:01 AM
While being mindful of the damage mining can do to our clean green image I am all for mining and oil exploration. The Greenies tend to be a bit one sided when it comes to exploitation of our mineral resources. Companies cannot mine without going through a resource consent process which means that both sides of the story are heard (those for and against).

We need the income to advance our economy.

KarameaDave
22-12-2011, 11:26 AM
We can, of course, start with fracking in Tauranga and Invercargill then?

Gobe1
22-12-2011, 11:41 AM
We can, of course, start with fracking in Tauranga and Invercargill then?

Farkin aye

22-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Look around. Every thing you see was either mined or drilled for, or is made of wood.

I personally would like to see NZ go 100% for wood based technology. It was good enough 5000 years ago, it will
be good enough now.

The greenies have a 'not in my back yard ' attitude.
What a cop out, if they are against mining they need to be against mining, everywhere, allways.
And therefore shun anything made from minerals etc that came from mines.

decibel
22-12-2011, 01:41 PM
When BP spilt lots of oil in the Gulf of Mexico, the US government had enough clout to make them clean it up.

If this Brazilian company spills oil off East Cape - what is the betting that the NZ taxpayer foots most of the bill?

Bear in mind that the insurer's of the Rena are not paying all of the costs of their escapade.

gary67
22-12-2011, 01:44 PM
When BP spilt lots of oil in the Gulf of Mexico, the US government had enough clout to make them clean it up.

If this Brazilian company spills oil off East Cape - what is the betting that the NZ taxpayer foots most of the bill?

Bear in mind that the insurer's of the Rena are not paying all of the costs of their escapade.

As of course BP won't be paying the full cost either

Digby
23-12-2011, 07:11 AM
Gee this new wooden cellphone is great !

Seriously, the world just wants to buy our pine to use as packaging.

But there is a company in Tauranga exporting a new kind of pine board that is impregnated with something to make it really hard.
They are selling it to Denmark for upmarket kitchens etc.
But its only ever going to be a drop in the bucket compared with the millions o flogs that go overseas.

Its the same with people who say we should be exporting green technology.
Great idea - but Obama tried it, gave gave a 600 million loan to a US company to make solar panels, and they lost the lot when they found the Chinese were doing them for half the price.
We have a wind turbine manufacturing company here in NZ - and they have sold about 10 turbines overseas !

Technology
Great - NZ is good at it.
But every other country is trying to increase its exports of technology
Eg Israel, Singapore, even Rwanda.

gary67
23-12-2011, 07:43 AM
We are good at exporting Kiwi's and I fell that after one whole term it can't all be blamed on Labour anymore as the numbers are growing under National, but of course the Emu brigade won't let anything bad be said abou there hero John Key

Chilling_Silence
23-12-2011, 07:45 AM
It was good enough 5000 years ago, it will be good enough now.

...so was slavery ;)

CliveM
23-12-2011, 09:17 AM
I would be all for bringing back slavery except for the fact that I would most likely be one of the slaves :)