PDA

View Full Version : do progams that are not running slow down your PC

0leumas0
22-12-2011, 01:20 AM
I have allot of games and extras that came with my PC. I don' use them very often but may in the future. Can i move them to an external drive and then still access them without moving them back to my C drive. If so will this speed up my PC when surfin and playing online games

Chilling_Silence
22-12-2011, 05:27 AM
No this won't make any difference. The only time it will is when they're actually *open* and running.

You can install them to an external HDD but that needs to be done during the installation process of each application, as registry entries, config files and shortcuts will all go AWOL if you move things around like you are suggesting.

Trev
22-12-2011, 07:19 AM
According to google this person is a very active forum/forums user.
:)

Chilling_Silence
22-12-2011, 07:41 AM
Yeah thats OK, it's easy to auto-mass-delete a users posts if they start spamming ;)

If you Google my name, I'm also a rather active user :p

0leumas0
22-12-2011, 06:19 PM
hey! thanks again, chillin :punk So i should leave the 1's that came with my cp and start installing new downloads to the extra j drive i bought ? do i use the advance choice in wizard and just change the "C" to a "j" ?? :rolleyes:

PPp
22-12-2011, 06:41 PM
"do i use the advance choice in wizard" ?? Usually when you install a program it will show the default location it wants to install ie C:\programs\... Most times you can alter this address to the location you want.

0leumas0
22-12-2011, 08:21 PM
:thanks PPp