PDA

View Full Version : Copy music from iTouch 4G

The Error Guy
20-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Trying to sort out an issue I swear only happens with Apples, Got an iTouch 4G synced with a computer, user has a new Apple PC. She of course can sync music to it and use iPhoto to get pictures but it wont do a full backup of her apps/music etc because its not authorized. iTunes is however authorized with the apple laptop with the account used to purchase. Also, the original computer used to sync is unavaliable.

Plan is to get a copy of all music on iPod, factory restore, update etc then organize the library a bit, put it back into itunes and sync it again.

Whats the best way to do this (preferably free) because all I have tried has failed. I am stumped with this annoying apple way, idk if other services do this but I swear it only happens with iProducts

Cheers.

icow
20-12-2011, 10:39 PM
You can authorize up to 5 computers. Just authorize the Mac the same way you would a pc.

sahilcc7
20-12-2011, 11:23 PM
What icow said , then right click on iPod in iTunes and try selecting transfer purchases.

The Error Guy
21-12-2011, 02:07 AM
Last time she tried that it didnt want to play nice, ill give it a shot myself.

Tukapa
21-12-2011, 08:31 AM
I use Mediamonkey to manage my iPod Touch - I won't have iTunes on my PC. Mediamonkey provides drag and drop functionality so I guess you could use that to drag all the music off the iPod if all else fails.

icow
21-12-2011, 12:55 PM
I can't remember where it is on Mac but on Windows "Authorise this computer" is under "store" (top file bar thingy, im assuming it will be in the apple menu somewhere).

The Error Guy
21-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Authorized it and it proceeded to take the purchases off ok however not the 4000 odd songs that were not iTunes purchases. It then proceeded to erase and sync itself, when it didn't put the apps on there I changed the setting to sync apps automatically and it had a cry about not being the right iTunes library and said it would have to erase and sync again to be synced with the new iTunes.

So after a few hours it seems I have organised the music library buy cutting out 4k songs, updated the iTouch and accomplished nothing really.

These iCraps are the devil.

22-12-2011, 09:07 AM
These iCraps are the devil.

icraps are nice
its the software thats the devils spawn.
I'll never understand why so many think Itunes, on pc is good :badpc::badpc:

are apple planning a lawsuite to stop the use of the word i-ceCream